Did you know that there are more than 30 BILLION pins on Pinterest? And of course, that number is growing every single day. The users on Pinterest are more than 80% female and 23% of those women are daily Pinterest users. You know what that means, don’t you? It’s time to find a way to market to the female demographic on Pinterest today – whether they are your primary audience or not!
However, before you just start creating Pinterest boards, it’s important to know a few ways to get more action on this social media platform – before you waste your time throwing up bland content. Check out these 5 ways to get more repins on Pinterest.
1. Create visually compelling pins. This may seem obvious right? The thing is, however, with so many people pinning new photos every day and with more than 30 billion other piece of content to compete with, your content needs to be outstanding. No pressure though!
Pinterest was created with the idea of being a virtual bulletin board, where we could pin all of our favorite things. It’s turned into this visual giant where we can create boards with what we want our worlds to be – from spelt physiques to designer kitchens. The photos you post need to feed the consumer dream. They need to be beautiful and eye catching. Ask yourself: could they could as an ad or be used in a magazine?
Don’t panic, though. There are lots of options out there for creating beautiful images. Use Instagram-worthy filters to create great, unique product images. You can also use photo editing programs like Canva or PicMonkey…even WordSwag. Still struggling? Consider investing in some stock photography. You can pay for a one month subscription that will allow you to download a number of images every day and stock up for the coming year.
2. Pin consistently. To consistently stay in the newsfeed, you need to be pinning consistently. Aim for a minimum of 5 to 10 pins per day or, if you really want to be aggressive, 20-25 pins per day. However, don’t pin aggressively and then fall off the face of the earth (or rather, platform), for weeks. You need to TRY to pin on a daily basis.Also, if you could pin a few pins throughout the day that’s ideal, as opposed to 20 all at one time and then not again during the remainder of the day.
3. Be aware of when your fans are online. A great way to get more eyeballs on your pins is to pin when your fans are actually online. (I know, novel concept, right?) Test out different times of the day and see when you get the greatest responses from your followers. This is the easiest and most effective way to narrow down the times you should be online and pinning.
4. Participate on group boards. You can get your content in front of hundreds or even thousands of people by participating in group boards. The Pin the World Group Boards has well over 1,000 different group boards on dozens of different topics. You can also launch your own board and invite other pinners to join you there.
WARNING: Be aware that some especially large group boards have become a favorite hangout for spammers and that if you join these boards your followers will be subject to what’s posted. So if you do decide to join a group board rather than start one, be selective and look at the content being shared. You may want to consider starting your own group board, instead, where you can have better control over the participants and content.
5. Use rich pins if appropriate. There are five different kinds of rich pins: movie, recipe, article, product and place. If you sell products, I especially encourage you to consider implementing rich pins, since they include real time pricing, availability and where to buy. Pinners also get notifications when product Pins they’ve added drop in price. Think about it: you decide to create a sale on one of your products and anyone who has shown interest in that product by repinning it will be notified that it has gone on sale. For anyone who sells product, the value in this is huge and can have a big impact on sales.
So are you convinced? Do you think you’ll start pinning for your business today?